Sunday, July 5, 2009

LibWorm

I really like this site. I didn't have to register, which is getting to be a pain. I feel like I have to give my personal information to everyone on the web to access information! This site is very easy to use. I searched for "challenged books" and found that there is actually a banned books week that is from the end of September to the beginning of October. I also search for "book awards" and had 53,773 records returned. I was interested in learning about e-books so I used the subject search. I found over 6,00 records relating to e-books.

I see this site as a good site for research. Like any other site there is relevant and irrelevant information returned. I like that you can do keyword searches, subject searches, and search by tags. I would like to see more tags but then I wasn't logged in so I don't know if that made a difference. I also liked the Feed Categories. I found some very interesting information under the school library feed. This was a good way to see how other schools are using technology to get their information out. Since I will be creating a library page for my campus I wanted to see what other schools were putting out there. I looked at blogs, as well as campus pages.

Libworm is aimed at librarians and it was easy to use. Those two things make this a site I will use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.