Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Digg

I can Digg it Man! This site has some very interesting information. I couldn't believe all of the links that are posted there! I took the tour to see how the site works but I didn't join because I have too many things to keep up with right now and did not need another site to check.

This site could be a good site to search for links to information you want. I see it as a reference site. I did a search for "library" and found 3,127 links but just like any search some had nothing to do with libraries. It was very interesting to see some of the links that showed up. One was on "Most Famous Female Teacher Predators" and "The Most Bizarre Wills Ever Written." What either of those had to do with the word "library" I can't imagine.

I like the fact that if you join you can "Digg" the sites you like most and "Bury" the sites that have broken links or are off topic. Of course this is a two edge sword. Depending on what other participants feel are links that are "off topic" they could bury something you find very relevant. The only way to keep this site working is for active participation on the part of the members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.