Thursday, July 16, 2009

Google Docs

What else can Google do? There is iGoogle, Google Earth, Google Chrome, Google Maps, Google Scholar, and now Google Docs!

I had heard of Google Docs and have used it to share documents with some friends. This is a good way to share documents with others. Having access to documents online is a great way to be able to work. I do not use it on a regular basis and really knew very little about it. I did not realize you could actually create documents there. I liked the template options. The site is very easy to use and makes creating documents quick and easy.

I am not sure if my district allows this site to be accessed, they block so many, but this could be a good site to show students and teachers. This site could be used by students to post their writing to their teacher and for the teacher and other students to edit the writing. As an elementary school librarian it is important to help teachers find innovative ways to keep students engaged and this site could assist with that engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.