Sunday, August 2, 2009

You Tube

I love You Tube. You can find anything there. Some things on You Tube are terrible but there are some very interesting videos as well as some good instructional videos.

I searched for "elementary library" and found lots of videos on school libraries. These were basically tours of their libraries. It was interesting to see how other libraries look. I did enjoy the one called "Alan County Public Library" which had zombies chasing a couple into the library. They end up finding a book on how to deal with Zombies at the library. A really cute way to show the library has everything you need. I also enjoyed the "Betty Glover Workout Tape Ad" which shows the reference librarian sleeping. It was really funny! It is the only "medically approved workout video for librarians." This video was more of a fun video not necessarily promoting the library. The rest of the videos I watched were trying to promote library use. Some were more creative than others but all accomplished what they set out to do - promote library use.

Some of the videos I saw were created as part of a library contest. I think that is a good way to show off your library. Get your patrons to create a video about it, the more creative the better. I can see You Tube as being a fun way to promote your library, promote reading, and do it in a fun, creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.