Saturday, June 6, 2009

Facebook

I have a Facebook account which I have had for a while. I created one, never used, deleted it, then created another one when a friend of mine created hers. I was a little concerned at first about my information being so public but there are some ways to keep it private such as setting the privacy settings to only allowing friends to see it, not filling out all the information, and being selective as to who you add as friends.

I believe that this type of social networking can be a fun way to interact with others but just like anything else on the Internet it can be abused. I have found that there are lots of games and activities that you can do on Facebook but you need to be careful and read the fine print because somethings cost. These are the ones asking for your cell phone number and if you are not careful you will end up with charges on your cell phone bill. All in all Facebook is a fun site that when used properly can help you stay in contact with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.