Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Instant Messaging

I use Yahoo Instant Messenger and my screen name is scamal12. I have also used AOL and Google IM software. I use Yahoo now because that is what my kids use and I can IM them to remind them that they can't get away from me --LOL.

I really like the voice chat on Yahoo. I get tired of typing and it is nice to hear the voice of the person you are talking to instead of just typing. Plus it does not tie up my phone line. I am not a frequent IM'r so I can't say I know all the ends and outs of IM'ing. I have found the best way to learn is by trying. I found that for me Yahoo messenger was the easiest to use. I have played with it more and am beginning to learn more things it can do such as sending attachments, changing the background, adding emoticons and audibles.

Instant messaging is blocked in my district so it is not something I could use in my library. I believe many of the students are familiar with the abbreviations used in instant messaging since these abbreviations sometimes show up in their speech and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.