Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Facebook

I have found friends and relatives on Facebook that I have not talked to in years and that part is fun. I found a cousin that I have not seen since I was 10 years old and a friend from high school found me on Facebook. I still feel like I am reading other people's mail when I go to my friend's site and read what has been posted there. I like being able to stay in touch with people and keeping up with what is going on in their lives. I am very careful about what I post since I know it will be read by others.

Facebook recommends friends based on your information which I find funny. I listed that I am attending UNT and Facebook suggests people to be my friend based on their attending or having attended UNT. Like I would know the thousands of people who are UNT alumni!

I like the group/business sites which I have found on Facebook. These sites help me stay informed. One of the groups I am a member of is the American Library Association. I enjoy reading the discussions on this site. I am also a member of Feed the Children which I consider a very worthwhile organization.

Many of my friends on Facebook I have found by looking at the friends of friends. This to me is much easier than searching for people, though I have searched when I wanted to find a particular person. My children have a lot more friends than I do but then they tend to accept friend requests from people they don't really know. I am a little more conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.