Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ning

I had never heard of Ning and after reading the issues with this site I was not sure it was a site I wanted to know. I decided to go search for the ALA on the site and found it but there was a link saying ALA had is own networking site at ALA Connect at http://connect.ala.org/ . Iwonder if this disclaimer is due to the Ning controversy.

I decided to search for some reading sites and found http://readkiddoread.ning.com/ This site boasts being an award winner - three awards actually. This site also had a link to lesson plans. You could click on a book and get a lesson plan to go with the book. I thought this was very useful.

I found Ning easy to search and everything was up and running. It seems no matter what I searched for something came up -- some with no relevance to the subject I had typed. I am still not sure I would use this site but it was interesting to see some of the sites that were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am participating in the 23 Things for North Texas. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well as the others who are part of this fun learning experience.